What is eduroam
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when
visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
- ECU staff and students can connect by using their ADS Login and password followed by @ecu.edu.au
For example, if your ECU ADS Login name is jsmith9 then you would type firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you travel:
- Visitors to ECU can access the eduroam network using the login credentials provided by their home institution.
A VPN connection is required and you will need to contact your home institution for any assistance.
- Check if the institution you are visiting is participating in eduroam and if you require a VPN connection.
- Configure your PC to connect to eduroam and establish a VPN connection (see instructions below)
- Make sure you have the VPN software installed and tested before you visit another institution.
How to connect
Click on the link below for instructions relating to the operating system you are running.
Login details should be entered in the format: email@example.com
For example, if your ECU ADS Login name is jsmith9
then you would type firstname.lastname@example.org
This is usually not the same as your email address and you should check with your IT department if you are unsure.
|Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these instructions
|Access Point Authentication
||802.1X and WPA2/AES
|EAP Type + Authentication Protocol
||PEAP with MS CHAP V2
Username & Password
Enter the credentials you use to log into a computer at your home institution.
Username should be entered in the format:
Server Certificate Name
How can I get help?
If you have followed the instructions above and you are experiencing difficulties, please contact the IT Service staff at the eLab counters at Joondalup, Mt Lawley and Bunbury.
Telephone: (08) 6304 6000
Fax: (08) 6304 2220